Time for Coffee



One day my mother was grumbling about the cobbler's children. I was a child myself at the time and wondered who the Cobbler's were and what their children had been doing at my house without my knowledge.

My mother further mystified me by pointing to the cracked window pane in the dining room.

"The cobbler made shoes for everyone but his own children went barefoot."

Cobbler equaled shoemaker. One mystery solved. Then the other proverbial shoe dropped. My father was in the glass business, but our window was broken and had been as long as I could remember. (I think it finally got taken care of when my parents sold the house... or maybe not.)

When it comes to writing my blog, I'm the cobbler and it's my barefoot child.

Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. It's been one month since I last posted on my blog.

As you can see, I'm relying on coffee to help write this post. It's midnight and I need something to keep me going. Decaff gives me a headache, but coffee art can keep me going for a while. Okay, coffee art on the screen and a very dark roast beside me... but how else can I espresso myself?

I've been on a run of coffee art. You might have noticed if you follow me on Facebook. I've been combining my characters with their favorite brew and a quote about how great they are in hopes that you'll go read about them (books available online at Amazon and Indigo, and via your public library if you request them.)


Now I the coffee is done and so am I.

www.amazon.com/Alison-Bruce/e/B00507MGUU