L'Amour, toujour L'Amour

"It's a Western tale that blends engaging adventure with spirited romance delightfully. Reminds me of Louis L' Amour novels."
C. F. Kennison

"L'amour in the style of Louis L'Amour…Pin a silver star on this thrilling tale of love and justice in the old west." 
Lou Allin, author of On the Surface Die


Classic western author Louis L'Amour was one of the inspirations for Under A Texas Star. The book also owes a debt to Georgette Heyer's historical romances. Heyer and L'Amour were my go-to authors growing up.

L'Amour inspired me in another way. In one of his introductions, he talked about his goals as a writer. He didn't write for awards (though he won a few). He wanted to be remembered as a storyteller. Reading that gave me my goal as a writer - be a good storyteller.

So, go pick up Under A Texas Star, free for June 15th & 16th. Then you tell me. Did I reach my goal?