Feeding Word of Mouth

“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anne Frank



 Nothing is more effective than word of mouth advertising. Nowadays, word of mouth includes Twitter, Facebook and other social media. We tweet, re-tweet, follow, like and friend to show our support. I want to send out a big thank you to everyone who has done that for me as I worked to promote two books.


Thanks to your support, Under A Texas Star made it to the #2 spot in westerns and is still in top 100 six weeks after its big promotion.

The reviews and fan mail have been wonderful.

Deadly Legacy has also received some wonderful reviews, but I have it on the authority of my publisher (and she should know) that it needs more to really take off. Since I too have been a publisher in the past (also a retail manager, entrepreneur and briefly a light bulb salesperson) I'm not going to just sit back and wait.

I remember, way back in my teens, when Faberge gave out samples of their Organic Shampoo with Wheat Germ and Honey. On the strength of that free sample, my mother became a regular customer. I can't give out copies of my books to everyone (the free promo is past) but I can gift a copy of Deadly Legacy on Kindle to the first three people who agree to review the book on Amazon. All you have to do is...
  1. Go to the Deadly Legacy on Amazon and scope out the free sample. There's no point in getting a book you wouldn't enjoy - that would be like sending a shampoo sample to a bald guy.
  2. Email me at abruce@alisonbruce.ca.
  3. If you're one of the first three past the gate, I'll send you a gift certificate for the book.
  4. When you're done, write a review on Amazon and let me know when it's up.
And if you've already read Deadly Legacy, or picked it up to read, could you tell two friends so they can tell two friends and so on and so on.